Saturday, May 18, 2013

Home made Quiche and Pastry

Whenever I have made anything with pastry I have always just purchased puff pastry and used that as making pastry for some reason always intimidated me, a bit like pasta.  After our Baking Day a couple of weeks ago when my friend and I made pastry I thought I would give this recipe a go myself so Sienna and I got to work to make the pastry out of Alana's book "The Homemade Pantry".  Once the pastry was done we rolled it out and mixed up our ingredients for our Quiche and into the oven it went.  Another meal that my kids are impressed with homemade Quiche and homemade pastry.

It's like anything new you do for the first time it's always takes longer than normal while you get to know what you are doing and the next time you know what to expect and are a little bit quicker.  Next time I make this I would blind bake the pastry shell first even though the recipe said you didn't need to to that however I would have preferred the bottom to be a bit more cooked.  We had the leftovers for dinner last night and it was even better than the first night we cooked it.  Yum is all I can say and that motion was seconded by James and Sienna.










1 comment:

  1. Super photos and it's lovely to see your little ones so involved :).

    ReplyDelete