Friday, July 12, 2013

Boiled Orange Chocolate Cake

I recently came across a lovely New Zealand blog called "Petite Kitchen" about cooking with wholefoods and I found a yummy chocolate cake recipe to try out.  It is gluten free, grain free, wheat free, dairy free and refined sugar free. So if you have an intolerance, this cake just about caters for everyone.  The beginning of the process is to boil two oranges in a pot on the stove for an hour, let them cool, then blitz them in your food processor and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together and then pour into a tin and bake for an hour.  So from start to finish you will need about three and a half hours.  1 hour (oranges) + 15 mins (rest of ingredients and mixing) plus 1 hour (cooking) plus cooling so allow 1 hour.  Make this cake on a morning when you know you will be home.

It was really easy and the cake is very moist and dense and very much like a dessert.  Double cream on the side won't go astray either.  I think I needed to cook my cake for a little bit longer and even though the skewer came out of the middle without any crumbs on it, it's probably a bit moist (a bit like moose only set).   Either way this cake tastes like chocolate jaffas so if you love jaffas this is the cake for you. I dusted my cake with icing sugar which is nice and light so if you are looking for a delicious orange flavoured chocolate cake I highly recommend you try this recipe out.




No comments:

Post a Comment