Sunday, September 14, 2014

Road Side Pineapple Stall

I'm still amazed that it takes 2 years to grow one pineapple and yet it can be eaten in about 10 minutes.  Growing veggies take time and I think 6 months is a long time for a veggie to grow however pineapples take 2 years which seems totally crazy to me even though I know it does take that long for them to grow.


My sister Michelle (in the white top) was in town for the week from Perth so every day the four of us sisters went for coffee somewhere. This particular day we went for a drive to the Dayboro Bakery and on the way there we picked up some little pineapples from a road side stall.  Lisa (in the purple top) and I usually get some pineapples at this stall when we take a drive out there with James and Sienna so we are familiar with the little Pineapple Road Side Stall.


This Pineapple grower supplies pineapples for Golden Circle and the little road side stall is basically a little trailer with a lid on it and is situated on the left hand side of the road as you head out to Dayboro just past the Antiques Shop.  We all love pineapples so we bought about 3 each as they were little and they were absolutely delicious.





We had coffee each day at a different place and as we all grew up in Brisbane, Michelle (on the left in orange) doesn't need to do touristy things but it was a good excuse to have a coffee at a few nice locations.  We went to Mt Cootha, Roma Street Parklands and Dayboro.

Here's a photo of us girls at Mt Cootha.

The photo below was taken at Roma Street Parklands.   I put the camera on the ground and used the self timer to get a family shot with Mum and her four daughters.

7 comments:

  1. How nice for you all to get together. I am always amazed that you can buy pineapples so cheaply since they take so long to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sign and love pineapple!! sounds like you all had a great time :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. How lovely to catch up with your Mom and sisters. I'm living in Brisbane so I know that fence over at Mt Cootha, I've stood there plenty of times with my family when they are over from the UK. That's the first place I take new visitors so they can get an overview of Brisbane. A friend and I took a stroll around the Roma Street Parklands a few days ago. Lovely.
    I have just discovered your blog and I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely hello. Regards Kathy

      Delete
  4. What a fun day out. I am really fortunate to have a pineapple farm only 3km down the road, which I drive past when ever I leave the house. I reckon qld grown pineapples are the sweetest. We are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the prisoners to read or work by natural light and shall be so constructed that they can allow the entrance of fresh air whether or not there is artificial ventilation."
    fence contractors jacksonville fl

    ReplyDelete