Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Around Here

Last week I was busy photographing our life as I participated in Ali Edwards "Week in the Life" series where you photograph your life for 7 days and then make a photo book or scrapbook.  I've done this project for the past 5 years and it's one of my favourite photography projects so that we have a snapshot into our life each year as things change so quickly.  Here's some photos from our week.

My breakfast, soy and linseed toast with jam and a coffee.

Monday morning is bin day.

Menu club and coffee with the girls to plan out our meals for the week.

 Grocery hopping at Aldi.

Declutter - yes, work clothes from another life time ready for charity.

 Sienna is learning Netball on Monday afternoons.

Sienna's writing a story because she wanted to.

Ironing school uniforms.

James making pikelets for afternoon tea with Sienna watching on.

Early family dinner with James showing off the Sweet Chilli Sauce to the camera which was set on the kitchen bench using the self timer.

Cuddles in the morning with Sienna.  Used the self timer again but believe it or not I was holding my heavy camera up high to take this photo.  It represents Sienna being always the first one to wake up and come and give me cuddles and kisses.

Followed by this one on the left........no time like the present to do a family selfie.

I set the camera on the ground with the timer to get a photo of us walking into school.

On Wednesday's I help out with reading and Sienna's teacher took this for me.  I actually have a group of 6 kids but we just got a photo with the two of us together.

Endless plastics to wash even though I have a dishwasher....ah, the life of a mother.

Sienna's library books due back to the Library.

Halloween with my Witch and Zombie.

This is the 4th year we have attended our little Estate's Halloween Trick or Treat and the kids go first followed by all the parents.

Welcome to Halloween 2014.

A family portrait in the bush which was taken when we had a family BBQ.

Self timer shot of me coming back from the little bush walk.  My two plus their cousin wanted to go a little further but it was really hot so I headed back.

Cold watermelon for after lunch....so delicious.

Some down time in the afternoon playing with his iPod.  We have time limits on devices.

Some down time watching a DVD and eating Halloween treats.

Some branch weaving activity by Sienna.

Bedtime reading by Sienna.

Bedtime reading by James with his new book from the library.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of your 7day project. I enjoyed seeing little snippets of what you've all been up to.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Ive been reading your blog for a while and thought I should comment. I love this post and a peek into your life. I think I shall do something similar myself. I don't have a blog at the moment, I stopped mine a couple of years ago but I'd love to do a memory album. Thanks for the ideas. what type of camera do you use? Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa for taking the time to leave a lovely comment. These little photography projects are so special to look back on, I just love doing them and in 1-2 years life and routines are different so that makes them more special. I have a Canon 7D camera. Jump on board Ali Edwards "December Daily" photo project. She has a kit out this year but as much as that would be great, you don't need a kit to do it. You could get get a little brag book or photo album from Kmart or Big W to document the 25 days leading up to Christmas. I've done this for 5 years now as well and those memories are so special too. Here's the 2 minute video link explaining about December Daily. Regards Kathy
      https://aliedwards.com/projects/december-daily

      Delete
  3. Great photos. I love the one of Sienna playing basketball and the one of all the plastics. Deary me that is something I will have to look forward too in the future. Hope your having a great week.

    ReplyDelete