Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Around Here

Around here we have 2 weeks left of school until Easter holidays.  The Autumn weather still thinks it's summer with days of 31-32 degrees this week however at least the humidity is not high thank goodness.  I've managed to do a couple of rows of crochet on my lap rug I started years ago while watching Landline and Gardening Australia on Sunday.  Saturday we headed out to Sandgate for a walk at low tide and to chase the soldier crabs and have fish and chips for an early dinner.

I've finally ordered some seed potatoes from Green Harvest and also going to plant some sweet peas this year.  I say that every year and when St Paddy's day comes around (when you are supposed to plant them) I get busy and forget so this year I'm planting them.  When we were kids one of the side walls to our house always had sweet peas planted so I wanted to get them growing this year.  Here's a few photos from our afternoon at Sandgate.










4 comments:

  1. Sandgate is such a great place to go! We haven't been for a while and I'm thinking we'll have to do that soon!! St. Paddy's day is traditional for sweet peas but I never plant them that early here, far too hot. I wait until mid-April. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love going down to Sandgate although I always check the tide times to see if it works out for us to walk on the beach. Saturday low tide was 4pm so the tide was going out 2 hrs before hand so it worked out great for us.

      Delete
  2. My, my your kids are growing up handsome. They will be adults in no time.

    ReplyDelete