1 Tablespoon of dried yeast (ie 2 x 7 gms sachets)
1/2 Teaspoon caster sugar
90gms Bakers Flour
250gms luke warm water
40gms extra virgin olive oil
390gms bakers flour
1 teaspoon salt
Sesame seeds or Poppy Seeds
Note 1: Total Bakers Flour required 480gms (ie 90gms + 390gms)
Note 2: You can make 2 smaller loaves or 1 large one which we did.
1. Place yeast, sugar and 125gms water into TM bowl. Mix for 2 minutes at 37 degrees on speed 2.
2. Leave in bowl for 8 minutes until frothy.
3. Add 90gms bakers flour and mix for 1 minute at 50 degrees on speed 2.
4. Leave in bowl approximately 30 minutes to form a "sponge".
5. Add remaining water, bakers flour, oil and salt to mixture. Combine for 10 seconds on speed 5.
6. Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 3 minutes on interval speed.
7. Spray large bowl with spray oil and some glad wrap spray with oil underneath and then place the sticky mixture into the large bowl and cover with the glad wrap.
8. Leave for 1 hour until doubled in size.
9. Turn oven on to preheat to 220 degrees c.
10.Remove glad wrap and knock air out of dough and shape it on a tray lined with baking paper.
11. Leave for 30 minutes.
12. Mix egg and milk in a cup and then brush the egg mixture on top.
13. Using your fingertips make deep indentations across and down the dough.
14. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
15. Bake for 10-12 minutes until surface is crisp and golden brown.