Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Around Here

Today is my son's 15th Birthday and I can still remember the day he was born...or should I say the night he was born.  I had a c-section at 8.57 pm on a Thursday night at St Vincents Hospital in Melbourne.  I was in hospital for 5 days and then we came home.  The health service in Melbourne was amazing and I received a call from them as soon as we arrived home from hospital.  I remember I was leaning into his cot to put him down for the very first time and the phone rang so answered it and they rang to say congratulations.  They said a health nurse will be coming to visit at home and weigh the baby and see how I was going.  They also set up weekly, then fortnightly, then monthly appointments at the local community centre including putting me into a local Mother's Group with other new Mum's who had just had their baby.  One of those Mum's became a life time friend I made back then in Melbourne I am still in touch with her and consider her a friend even if we don't get in touch for months at a time.  We lived in Melbourne until James was 7 months old and have been back in Brisbane which is my home town ever since.

Over the years James has loved lego, magic, rubik cube, computers and reading.  He is thoughtful and kind and taller than me.  He is a lovely teenager and I'm very proud of the way I have raised him to be respectful and kind.  He loves school and is a great student.  Here's a few of my favourite pics of him this year.











 

5 comments:

  1. Doesn’t the time fly fast!
    By how you describe James, I think my 13 year old and him are cut from the same cloth, and would probably get on quite well!
    Happy Birthday James!
    Warm regards
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The happiest of birthdays to your James, Kathy. How lovely that he has the qualities of such a lovely young man. Well done, Mama! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete