I used a Square Cake Tin 22cm (inside measurement approximately 20cm).
- 125 gms Butter
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 medium sized ripe or overripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Bi-Carb Soda
- 1.5 cups Self Raising Flour
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mash bananas (making 1 cup).
- Add mashed bananas to creamed mixture, beat until just combined.
- In a cup, mix the milk and bi-carb soda.
- Fold in flour and the mix/soda mixture by alternating the flour, then the milk/soda mixture etc until it's all in the bowl.
Bake in moderate oven (160 degrees fan forced) for 50 minutes or until you can place a skewer into the centre of the cake and it comes out clean. You should set a timer for around 40 to check on it and it may need more or less than 50 mins depending upon the size tin used. You could also use this recipe and a muffin tin which means they would need 20-25 mins depending. The skewer in the centre is the test if it comes out clean.
Let cake cool completely in the tin before icing it.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 100 gms Cream Cheese
- 50 gms Unsalted Butter
- 230 gms Icing Sugar
Place all ingredients into a mix master and mix until combined.
If you have a Thermomix place all ingredients in bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5 or 6.
Ice cake when it has completely cooled down.