Saturday, July 20, 2013

Making Sausage Rolls

Yesterday I bought the ingredients to make sausage rolls however the filling was a little unusual.  It had smoked paprika, grated lemon rind, wilted baby spinach (trying to keep it healthy) and pork mince among other ingredients.  I was up for anything and the kids have wanted home made sausage rolls for ages.  On a Friday afternoon after a quick visit to some friends for afternoon tea we came home and Sienna and I got stuck into making the sausage rolls.  The recipe called for caraway seeds to go on top of the sausage rolls which surprisingly we had.

In our household our recipes are usually rated 9 out of 10 or sometimes a 10 out of so as easy as these were to make, the flavours were not your typical sausage roll.  I gave them a 5 out of 10 which means I won't make them again.  James gave them a 5.5 out of 10 and Sienna didn't rate them.  I thought the kids wouldn't eat them at all however they didn't love the taste but happily kept eating them which I was pleased about as we had spent an hour making and cooking them.  We all agreed the traditional sausage roll filling will be in them next time.  As I say to the kids, you have to try these things to see if you like them and if you don't then we won't use the recipe again we'll try another one.  If anyone has the "wow factor" sausage roll ingredients you would like to share I would love to hear about it.  Here's a couple of photos from our little cooking last night.





No comments:

Post a Comment