Friday, July 17, 2015

Holiday Activites

As I mentioned in my previous post I wanted to give the kids holiday experiences to remember without costing a fortune.  I googled things to do in Brisbane and found out that Notorious was being moored at Manly Harbour for the week so we took a drive down there with a picnic lunch, skate boards etc.


It cost us $9 to go on board which was $5 for adults and $2 for kids so we got to walk around, go down into the ship and take a few photos.  The ship feels very small when you are on board and I don't know that I'd want to live in such a small space however it was great to check it out.  We were on board for all of about 15 minutes or so which was long enough to look around and take some photos.  After that we had our lunch which we brought from home and then the kids went for a bit of a skateboard ride followed by Sienna having a play in the water while James lay in the sun and read his book.  On the way home we got our $1 flake ice creams from the drive through at McDonalds for $3 and came home in the afternoon.  We had a lovely day out for $12 which is affordable for an interesting outing for 3 people.   I haven't actually been to Manly I think in about 7 years even though it's so close but normally we head off to Redcliffe Bayside but Manly was a lovely change.  Here's a few photos from our day.













No comments:

Post a Comment