Tuesday, June 7, 2016

"Leibster Award"

Recently Fiona from Life at Arbordale Farm nominated me for a "Leibster Award" which is to recognise bloggers that you enjoy connecting with and finding out more about them. Fiona asked the following 10 questions:-



1. If you had to choose 3 charities to give $100,000 to which charities would they be and why?
The Leukemia Foundation because I lost a flatmate who was 27 to it 12 weeks after being diagnosed many years ago.  Also my friends 8 year old daughter died 6 months after being diagnosed as well.  Secondly would be Breast Cancer because that has affected my immediate family in the last couple of years and is still ongoing.  Thirdly the Homeless as I could think of nothing worse than having no family or friends to help you out and to have to resort to sleeping on the streets at night through all seasons and weather. 

2. What is the worst job (at home or work) you have had to do?
I think when your kids are sick and vomit in the middle of the night over the bed and themselves and double if it's during winter when it's cold.

3. What strange food combination do you love?
I don't really have one not even when I was pregnant.

4. What is the one skill you don't have but would love to master?
Making cheese...I've made mozzarella once but need to do it again.

5. If you could create a new law what would it be?
I don't really know about this one.

6. If you could change the perspective for every person on the planet about one issue what would it be?
Mothers are not on holidays because they are at home...they work 24/7 for love, and not money.  Little kids do not raise themselves and nor should they have too.  The family unit is important more so now than ever before in this day and age of technology.

7.  If the shops closed tomorrow how long could you feed your family for?
A week to a week and a half I think.

8. What do you think the 3 biggest environmental issues are?
Climate change, waste and GMO crops.

9. Which famous people would you have over for dinner and why?
Obama and his wife Michelle, Matt & Lentil from Grown & Gathered blog in Victoria and Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.  I think they all would be very interesting to get to know.

10.  What is your guilty food pleasure?
Chocolate

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Kathy. We share the same guilty food pleasure! I love your answer to no. 6. Agree wholeheartedly! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers Kathy, yes mother have a very important role and it is often undervalued. Your sourdough looked great i am sure it was tasty.

    ReplyDelete