Sunday, August 13, 2017

Around Here

Around here the weather has been absolutely amazing.  Winter in Queensland and the days are 26-29 degrees..just perfect.  A month ago my sister and I and the kids were dressed ready to go and pick strawberries at the Strawberry Farm.   All I had to do was look up the address on the computer and walk out the door.  I found out it wasn't open so we had to change our plans.  Apparently due to the Cyclone at the beginning of the year everyone's strawberries got planted a month late so they didn't open in June like they normally do.  We ended up going last weekend to Rolin Farms to pick delicious strawberries and ate strawberry ice cream. 









I've been going through old photos this week as Blurb had a 40% discount off their photo books so I got stuck into my Week in the Life from 2010 and ordered my book.  Back in 2010 I was doing scrapbooking and I half completed the WITL book however I love the photo books so decided to do one for 2010 and I love it.  It's such a fun thing to do to be looking through photos from 7 years ago as the kids were so small.



Speaking of old photos and winter weather, here's some photos taken at Rainbow Bay in July 2009 with the kids enjoying the water.  James was so thrilled with a dead fish he found floating in the water.








1 comment:

  1. What a lovely contrast between then and now ... Your young people are growing beautifully, aren't they! I am also amazed by those huge strawberries and that your winter is warmer and brighter than our summers.

    ReplyDelete