I made a batch of jam drops two weeks ago however they had brown sugar in them and they were quite sweet and they didn't hold their shape very well so I've gone back to my normal recipe and made some this morning for the freezer.
Here's the recipe that I've used.
½ cup Sugar
125 gm Butter
2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
pinch of salt
Jam of your choice
1. Turn oven to 160 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in Thermomix on speed 5 for 20-30 seconds and scrape down the bowl. If using your normal kitchen mix master just cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add eggs and process for 20 seconds on speed 4. (mix until eggs combined).
4. Gradually add sifted flour and salt and process for 30-40 seconds on speed 3 until a stiff dough forms. (mix until dough forms).
5. Roll into balls, place on greased oven tray.
6. Push thumb into center to make a small indent and fill with your chosen variety of Jam
7. Bake in moderate oven for about 12-15 minutes until just brown.