Saturday, June 1, 2019

Around here - Home Made Recipes - Addictive Free 7 day challenge

Following on from my earlier post about the 7 Day Challenge with Additive Free Lifestyle I have been whipping up a storm in the kitchen.  These are the things I have made in the last couple of days.

This "Easy BBQ Sauce" recipe, and I can tell you the smell and flavour and taste is amazing and it only took me 30 minutes to make it.  The recipe has Thermomix instructions along with normal stove top instructions so anyone can make it. OMG you have to try this.  No more store bought stuff for us.

I then made the "Pizza Sauce with hidden veggies" next.  I used up whatever veggies I had in the fridge and didn't go to the shops so I didn't use broccoli or cauliflower however I chopped up beans and spring onions and fresh thyme from the garden. OMG again this is delicious.  I used some of this on our home made pizza last night.

BBQ Sauce on the left and Pizza Sauce on the right.  I have a few more jars in the fridge/pantry now.

Making homemade pizza using this pizza base recipe.

Home made pizza using the pizza sauce I made.  I went a little overboard on the mozzarella.

Today  I made some Lemon & Chia/Poppy Seed muffins which takes less than 5 mins to whip up and then 15 minutes in the oven.  I used half chia and half poppy seeds for this recipe however you could use one or the other depending on your taste.  I have always love the lemon and poppy seed flavour. The muffins have a nice crust exterior and soft on the inside. So quick and easy and they are in the freezer now ready for afternoon tea after school next week.  The recipe has Thermomix instructions however you can just use your mix master or food processor as it's simple as putting all the ingredients in together and then mix for a minute or so.  Super quick and it's quite a wet mix.  


I also made this loaf of white bread today as well.  I haven't found a white loaf recipe that I like, even though we have the most amazing bread roll recipe so I gave this recipe a go.  I let the bread prove in a glass bowl with glad wrap on top out in the sun in the back yard until it doubled in size which was about 1.5 hours.  I'm quite happy with the loaf and I've sliced it up ready for toast or sandwiches. No nasty chemicals and I'd give it a 9 out of 10.


2 comments:

  1. Comment from Cheryl....I accidentally hit the wrong button and the comment got deleted...so posting it here.
    What a great post Kathy, I’m a bit behind with my blog reading, but I’m going to make the time to listen to those podcasts, they sound right up my alley! We also converted to butter many many years ago, and we just store it in a glass butter dish in the cupboard all year round. It never goes rancid. In the peak of Summer on the really hot days we will pop it in the fridge, and it only takes a few minutes to come to room temperature to make it spreadable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That’s something I’d do! 🙄😂

      Delete