Saturday, March 19, 2022

Around here

Around here we are mid March and it feels like the start of 2022 with Covid Omicron, then delayed school start, then the rain bomb and floods so it feels like every month is a new start to the year.  How is your year going?

Last week I purchased a beautiful piece of artwork by Paula Starrs who is an Artist in Victoria.  The painting was inspired by a photo taken by a photographer which is probably how I came across the IG account.  The painting is titled "Gum Blossoms" and is framed in a 58x66cm floating Ash Wood frame.

I have been wanting to get a piece of Australian artwork for the past year and when I came across this I jumped at the chance to own it.  I think I sent Paula a message 10 minutes after seeing the artwork on the Thursday evening, she shipped it on Friday and it turned up on my door step on Monday afternoon and was straight up on the wall.  I just love it and as an original piece of artwork no one else has it and thrilled to be supporting an Australian artist.  Paula has just sold another artwork this week and is shipping it to another Brisbane customer so isn't the internet wonderful when you can reach customers at the end of your device.

Here's some photos of how well the package was wrapped and the unboxing and putting it on the wall.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me seeing this artwork on the wall every day when I walk into my living room.  Have you purchased any artwork.








Then I moved it into it's permanent place in the living room.


4 comments:

  1. Kathy, it looks fantastic. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely life-affirming post after the terrible news of the floods in your last one ... I can see why you love this work :). It looks perfect in that corner of your home. Wonderful to be supporting artists too. We have some limited edition prints from a local artist, and they make me smile when I look at them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good feeling Alexa for me and the artist hey....

      Delete