Friday, July 5, 2024

Around here - July 2024

Around here I've been thinking a lot about simple living and I've mentioned before how my Mothering days are very different now with the kids leading their own lives. They are both overseas at the moment in different countries one in Japan for 2 weeks and the other one in Europe for 3 weeks holiday.  I honestly am so proud of them for being confident to explore different countries and saving for their holidays.

I've been looking through old blog posts and I know that everything I did teaching them to save money, op shopping [they buy new things to but love an op shop bargain] cooking, budgeting, growing veggies etc. this is what shapes young adults.  I've mentioned that my son has been making his own Turkish Bread to have with dips and drinks for a cheap date night.  My daughter is a great cook also, great at sewing, crochet, knitting and they both have a great work ethic.

Here's some old blog posts with cute photos:-

Home made dumplings.

Home Made Vanilla

Planting veggies - 8 years old

Veggie Garden in 2017

Enjoy these old photos below.

Fresh picked sugar snap peas.
Home Grown Sugar Snap Peas.

  Country Fair.

School holiday camping in the family room.

A photo my daughter took for me which we both loved.

We used to walk up to the main road to the one tree that dropped leaves each year to take photos.

She was always busy with her hands.

He was amazing at the Rubik cube even doing it blindfolded by learning algorithms.

Family pic while bush walking.

We loved this Farm Stay at Blackwattle Farm back in 2017.

Hope you all have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet photos! Wishing you a wonderful week as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you must really miss your kids. You have so many happy memories of them growing up due to your photographic diary. Perhaps one of these days you will become a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes many many moments captured in photos....plenty of time for the Grandma thing since they are 20 and 18.

      Delete