Ingredients (Serves 8)
Premade Pastry Tart Shell (or bake your own)
1 Tablespoon Grated Lime Zest (do this first before squeezing limes)
½ Cup Lime Juice (4 Limes – may get away with using 3)
4 Eggs (YOLKS ONLY)
405gms Tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix together until smooth. (this can be done by hand).
3. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Put in fridge overnight or for a few hours for a firm, cold tart.
Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of double cream and a wedge of lime.
Note: There may be slightly more mixture than required for the small tart shell. If you were doing individual little tart shells you would just keep filling them until you had no more mixture left.