Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Lime Tart

This recipe is super easy and it's the most impressive dessert with the least amount of effort in my opinion.  I have to confess I'm not a pastry maker even though I have "pie weights" in my pantry because I have always dreamed of making pies.  However I'm a bit intimated by pastry probably the way I was with bread except that I can make bread now so I should really give pastry another go.  Here's a link that I have bookmarked for the future but for now I go the convenient method and buy a "tart shell" from the supermarket.   It is so yummy and looks so fancy with a dollop of double cream and a sprinkling of icing sugar.  Give this a go as it's a 10/10 dessert and you will not be disappointed.


Lime Tart
Ingredients (Serves 8)

            Premade Pastry Tart Shell (or bake your own)
            1 Tablespoon Grated Lime Zest (do this first before squeezing limes)
            ½ Cup Lime Juice (4 Limes – may get away with using 3)
            4 Eggs (YOLKS ONLY)
            405gms Tin of Sweetened Condensed Milk


 Method

1.         Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.

2.         Combine all ingredients and mix together until smooth. (this can be done by hand).
  
3.         Pour mixture into pastry shell.

4.            Bake in oven for 15 minutes.

5.         Put in fridge overnight or for a few hours for a firm, cold tart.

Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of double cream and a wedge of lime.
  
Note:  There may be slightly more mixture than required for the small tart shell.  If you were doing individual little tart shells you would just keep filling them until you had no more mixture left.



1 comment: