Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Around here

Around here I have been busy doubling up on recipes to pop into the freezer for dinner during school holidays.  With a little over 3 weeks to go, I decided to get prepared for dinners so I don't have to cook a few nights and I can have a holiday as well.  For some reason when it's school holidays cooking and food shopping seems more of a chore to me.

I've been cooking up a storm, so far I've made butter chicken, spaghetti bolognese, beef stroganoff and cottage pie filling.  I also made a batch of home made yoghurt and happy pantry slice, baked beans and five seed bread to be eaten this week.  I just pop Landline on the TV and I'm happy to spend a few hours in the kitchen.  The link for the baked beans recipe is no longer working so I'll update my post to include the recipe in the next day or so and link it here.  Once you make home made baked beans you'll never buy store bought again and it's so easy.  What have you been cooking lately.

Beef stroganoff for dinner with extra for the freezer.  I do this in the slow cooker.

This is the easiest bread recipe and so healthy.  It's quite a wet mix when you put it into the tin to bake.  Five Seed Bread recipe is posted here.

 And a pretty backyard sunflower.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to get ahead of yourself in the kitchen? It's like money in the bank having a meal ready to stave off those takeaway temptations at the end of a long day! That bread looks delicious! I find brad making very relaxing. The kneading is quite meditative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo...it certainly does feel good to have the freezer stocked that's for sure.

      Delete