Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Around here - Home Made Yoghurt

One of the things I started making regularly is home made yoghurt.  I have a Thermomix and a Thermomix warmer which is basically a bowl that's like a thermos to keep things cold or warm.  I first made yoghurt in December 2013 and I was amazed it was so simple.  The recipe I currently use is Fiona's from Stay Home Instead.  I add a little bit of maple syrup at the end to make it a tiny bit sweeter however the one litre milk makes two jars and then a few tablespoons left over as a starter for the next batch.  I was very nervous to first make yoghurt however it's pretty simple to make.  Do you regularly make yoghurt for your family?

I pop the thermo warmer in a beach towel and then I leave it for 24 hours before I decant it into the jars.

After 24 hours ready to pop into the jars and into the fridge.



4 comments:

  1. Kathy I have been making EasiYo yoghurt for years. My girl has a thermomix but I doubt she makes yoghurt unfortunately. Not sure if she has a warmer unless it comes with the thermomix.She bought hers from Shaz in The Isa from My Kitcken Rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got my warmer for free when I did the demo. I got my Thermomix in August 2011. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we have a yoghurt maker here, which you plug in and it keeps the mixture at the right temperature for 6-8 hours. Our first one, way back in the 1980s was a rectangular shape with six holes for popping individual yoghurt pots into, keeping each one nicely warm. I wish I knew what I did with it because it was better than the one I currently have! I'm off to check out your recipe, as mine is sometimes a bit watery ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yoghurt makers with the individual pots look great. Make sure you use some starter from a previous batch or store bought yoghurt.

      Delete