Monday, July 5, 2021

Around here - Waffles & Ice Cream

It's school holidays around here and we have just had a 4 day lockdown in Brisbane along with 10 other local government areas.  Lots of cooking and relaxing and given it's winter and it rained all week it wasn't too bad having to stay inside rugged up.  We had our friends dog here for five days and he is always good company.

I've written about making the 10 minute no churn ice cream before however the kids think it's too rich [I don't] so I made a similar recipe which had added evaporated milk in it.  I also made a new to me waffle recipe which was great so I'll be sticking with this one also.



EASY THERMOMIX WAFFLES [MAKES 12 WAFFLES]

INGREDIENTS

350gms Milk
50gms honey [or sugar]
40gms light tasting oil [I used sunflower oil]
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
270gms whole wheat plain flour [or plain flour]
30gms cornflour
1 tablespoon baking powder

METHOD

Place milk, honey [or sugar], oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixer bowl.
Mix for 10 seconds / speed 4 / MC lid on.
Add flour, corn flour and baking powder.
Mix for 10 seconds / speed 4 / MC lid on.

Heat Waffle Maker up, when ready add batter and cook until golden brown.

We ate some of them and the rest went into the freezer for another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment