Thursday, August 18, 2022

Around here - Escape to the Chateau

One of my favourite TV shows is "Escape to the Chateau" and it's on Saturday night at 7.30 pm.  I record it and then when I head to bed Saturday night I'm look forward to watching this show.  In 2015 the Strawbridges were living in London and stumbed across Chateau de la Motte Husson, a derelict 19th century fairy tale chateau in the Pays de la Loire with 45 rooms, a moat, orangery, 12 acres, 7 outbuildings in France which had huge potential so they packed up their life and escaped to the Chateau.

They moved to their new home in a foreign country, in the middle of winter with no electricity, sewerage or heating and two young children in tow but they fell in love with the Chateau instantly.  After decades of neglect, the Chateau needed hard work and dedication to bring it back to life.  It was a renovation on the grandest of scales.  The filming of the show is currently in it's 9th season which will be released at the end of 2022.

They run a wedding business at the Chateau and during lockdown life everyone else they could no longer host weddings and events so they had time to do those larger renovation projects.  Dick retired from the Army and also is a qualified engineer which certainly helps with all the renovations and maths cals that need to be done.  Angel is very creative and used to run Vintage Patisserie Company in London and loved icing cakes.  She can turn anything item into some decor item for their Chateau and is extremely creative.

They have two kids, Arthur who is 9 and Dorothy who is 8 and they were very little when they moved from the UK to France to begin their big adventure.

After some time they renovated one of the outbuildings into an apartment for Angel's parents who also live at the Chateau.

I was on IG on Tuesday night and saw that the Strawbridges are coming to Australia and New Zealand for a week long tour and will be coming to Brisbane.  I love this show and I thought that's quite an experience so I turned my computer back on and booked myself a seat for the show.  I have no idea what it will be however I think it's a sit down talking chat about their life in France and the big adventure that is "Escape to the Chateau".  It's not until February next year but I am so excited for this evening chat with them.  Apparently Australia and New Zealand was one of the first countries to adopt "Escape to the Chateau"


The Chateau.

The Walled Garden.

Dick, Dorothy, Arthur & Angel.


1 comment:

  1. Kathy regarding your query about the Carnival gardens...Laurel Bank Park is my favourite. One of my friends has an Exhibition Garden but you have to pay to see that. I hope you have a great day when you visit. 💐🌹🌺

    ReplyDelete