Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Around here

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and that means 15 days until my Birthday which means my "Birthday Tradition Photo".  Here's another blog post from back in 2017 about it.  This year it will be 17 years I've been doing this project and it's very dear to my heart.

On the craft front I have finished quilting my "Big Patch Quilt" so I just need to cut some binding and attach that to the quilt.  I also purchased this Homestead Quilt Pattern by Amy Kallissa which my friend and I are going to do together as she has never made a quilt before so I can show her the ropes.  She does sew so it will be pretty easy to teach her.  This will probably be a January project as I want to finish my Quilt and the Baby Quilt before I start.   I'd like to pay to get this one professionally quilted as I don't want it just to be straight rows of sewing.  The biggest impact will be the fabric choices.

This year my family and I have planned a day in Toowoomba to see the Carnival of Flowers.  We went every year for years and years however the last time we went was in 2017 so we are looking forward to seeing some lovely gardens for inspiration.  This is a huge event for Toowoomba and in 2019 it attracted 294,000 people during the 10 day invent and injected more than $20 million dollars into the Toowoomba economy.  I think the first year of Covid the event wasn't on and the 2nd year they ran it over the whole month of September instead of having people attend in the normal 10 day period so the crowds were less.  Here's a few photos from around here.

A bouquet of home grown lettuce and parsley wrapped up in newspaper for my friend.

Also gifted my friend some home made sourdough.

I bought more fabric and made this up as a quilt top for my niece's baby due in December.

Home baking carrot cake recipe.

Recent BBQ at our favourite bush location.

My beautiful 16 year old dressed up for an event.

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is just beautiful. I always look forward to your birthday tradition photos.

    That sourdough bread looks amazing! Now that it's getting cooler here, I'll start up with more bread making. During the heat and humidity of summer I just can't bring myself to bake it or eat it.

    I bet your quilt is just lovely. I hope you post a photo.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is my 3rd try at leaving a comment 🤔 Enjoy your visit to the Carnival. Wait till the sun shines 🤣😅

    ReplyDelete