Thursday, March 2, 2023

Around here

My daughter turned 17 on Monday and in two weeks time she will get her license and then she'll be out and about more than ever.  Last night her Kindy teacher [from 2010] was messaging me after she saw a post on Sienna's birthday and said it's amazing that these little 4 year olds she taught all those years ago are now young adults.  I find it hard to believe myself that the time has gone so fast and both kids are amazing confident young people.

I can't believe we are in March already so at least it will start to cool down a little and not be so hot which it has been here in Queensland.  I love Autumn and Spring the best if I had to pick seasons.  In a few months we'll be flying back over the other side of the country to go to my Nephew's wedding in June.  It's nice to have a trip to look forward to since I haven't travelled for years.   Here's a few recent photos.

Our local Fruit & Veggie Exchange.


What I gratefully received.


Yummy lunch at home.

Have been making a jar of pickled onions for the fridge and we are all enjoying them.

Have been making popcorn for some afternoon snacks the old fashioned way with a saucepan and lid using coconut oil rather than buying expensive already popped corn from the supermarket.





6 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! The time does indeed go quite quickly. I adore Autumn as well. It never lasts long enough.... Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I have bern intending to make toilet pods for many years. I am hoping it cools down soon as I am used to the cooler summer weather now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't get your wish this week with the heat it's going to be a hot one.

      Delete
  3. Wow, tell me about the toilet pods! Have you used them? Do they work? They look like fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just pop a toilet pod in the bowl for a few minutes then flush and clean. It takes about 10 mins max to make and then leave them for 24 hours to dry.

      Delete