Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Apple Pastries for Dessert

The other night when I made Quiche for dinner I made the pastry from scratch and it made two disc's of pastry so one was used for the Quiche and a couple of nights later I turned the other pastry into little Apple Pastries with home made vanilla ice cream.  I just used "pie apples" which is apples in a tin and mixed some Cinnamon and a little bit of brown sugar and popped them into the Pastries or as Alana refers them as "Pop Toasties" and cooked them in the oven.  I also sprinkled a little bit of raw sugar on the top to make them look a bit fancy but rustic.  

James gave me a 10 out of 10 and I gave myself a 10 out of 10 however Sienna is not overly a sweet tooth kind of girl when it comes to desserts so she didn't eat it and just had ice cream instead.  I'm so thrilled that I made this pastry the other night and it was nothing to whip these hot apple pastries up in 10 minutes and then into the oven for about 15 mins.  This pastry is delicious and I will need to make another batch.




1 comment:

  1. They look light and flaky and delicious! Cinnamon is one of my most favourite flavours ...

    ReplyDelete