Sunday, September 16, 2018

Birthday Tradition

Yesterday was my birthday and every year I take my "Birthday Photo" with my kids and 4 cupcakes.  We have been buying the cupcakes from the same bakery for 13 years for this photo with the exception of one year when they had sold out early and I had to purchase some cakes from the supermarket.  This is the 13th photo in this series and when the kids have grown up and left home they will still have to come home for Mummy's birthday photo.  Here is a blog post with the previous 12 years of photos starting when James was 2.5 and Sienna was 6 months old in 2006.  They both made me beautiful hand made cards and we went on a family BBQ so a lovely Birthday and it's all over for another year.

Here is the 2018 photo

Here are some outtakes



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kathy....what a fantastic idea .. the same photo every year !! you've hardly changed at all...but wow the kids have grown. Hope you had a fantastic birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie imagine the next 13 years of photos....

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a very very Happy Birthday Kathy!
    Oh my those photo's are priceless.
    Such beautiful, loving kids and family.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday tradition, Kathy. A way to capture the years as they go by. I am guessing, because you are the birthday girl, that you get the extra cupcake! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Meg as I'm the birthday girl I get to eat 2 of them. We were a family of 4 for the first 2 years of these photos and then it was just the 3 of us after that so I kept the 4 cupcakes and I get to eat 2 of them...lucky me.

      Delete