Sunday, May 19, 2019

Around Here - Week in the Life

Last week was our "Week in the Life" photo project which you can read about here.  It's takes some effort during the week however the project is so worthwhile.  I have all my photos in my templates and now just need to do all the writing on them which I will do over the next couple of weeks.

I picked the last of my corn and froze it and also my beans are coming along nicely.  It's the first time I have gown beans so it's pretty exciting.  This afternoon I planted out from my seed boxes leeks and broccoli.  Our chickens are doing well in their fenced off area although we haven't had any eggs yet so hopefully soon as I'm looking forward to fresh eggs every day.

Last week the kids and I did a Kayak Tour for 1.5 hours which was a lot of fun and I won't mention that I did fall in the water half way through and the kids thoroughly enjoyed seeing that.  I wore clothes that I knew if I went it it would be okay and it made for a good story.  The afternoon was such a beautiful Autumn day and we loved it.  Here's some pics.


Pizza scrolls for school lunches in the making.

Straight out of the oven.

Mother's Day Breakfast in bed compliments of the kids.

My Mum's garden path.

Our Kayak adventure.

More Kayak adventure.

Our beautiful little bird Ricky.

School lunches in the making.

Home grown corn....amazing if I do say so myself.

Love watching this show on TV.  It's onto series 2 where he moves the cabin to the seaside.


4 comments:

  1. How good does your corn look! My cobs never get that big, I'm not sure why? They taste fine though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few little ones not develop but most of them were this size...

      Delete
  2. Home grown corn taste so good doesn't it. The hens probably won't start laying until the days start getting longer, autumn is the time of the year that they go through their moult. This article gives a bit more detail https://www.backyardchickencoops.com.au/blogs/learning-centre/help-hens-moulting-season. I was going to do "A Week in the Life" this year, I managed one day and then got so busy I forgot all about, hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the article....you can do WITL anytime you won't be disappointed. Join the FB group for some inspiration.

      Delete