Saturday, November 16, 2019

Around here

In Australia the bush fires are still going strong and are dominating the news with good reason. The firemen and volunteers do an incredible job risking their own lives.   It's very hot in Brisbane today and I am not looking forward to the heat of December & January. 

This week my sister had her birthday so we had a lovely lunch to celebrate including a delicious birthday cheesecake.

One of my sisters makes this beautiful cheesecake so we were thrilled that she made it for the birthday girl.

Yummy prawns and rolls for my sister's birthday lunch.

Beans are so easy to grow from seed and the ones on the right are tomatoes.

 Tomatoes on the right are from seeds from Aldi tomatoes and the one next to it is from a packet of seeds.

We love this fresh salad, black beans, red and green capsicum, corn and Spanish onion.

Home grown lettuce.

My beautiful pots full of colour.

These beautiful flowers remind me of Christmas Trees and are so pretty.

Great to see a few tomatoes nearly ready for picking.

6 comments:

  1. I love your pots of colour, Kathy. I bought a punnet of sun-loving impatiens from Bunnings recently and can't wait until they flower in their bright colours. That cheesecake also looks amazing! I made one recently too for my husband's birthday but it wasn't as fancy as that one. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters cheesecake is pretty fancy and OMG tastes incredible. My pots have sat empty for months and then one afternoon my sister and I went to Bunnings and came home and planted them and they look great. If I don't plant them straight away I forget about them and they die but they brighten my day. They need water with this heat we are having that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Hello 🌼

    The flowers are like Christmas trees so pretty and vibrant.

    Salad looks delicious.

    Firemen and volunteers are very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything seems to be flourishing! (Weather/environment apart).That's some cheesecake ... Here, it's dark early and cold as winter settles in, so it's wonderful to see that life is splurging forth where you are :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Alexa, the cheesecake is amazing.

      Delete