Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Around here

Today is the first day of Spring which means it's only two weeks until my birthday and that means my  "birthday photo".  This year will be 15 years of this special tradition and you can read about it here.  The only thing I need on my birthday is hand made cards from my kids and my birthday photo and I'm one happy person.

I haven't taken many photos lately as we have been busy with some family things which has been taking up my time.  Three weeks ago I also ended up in an ambulance from my GP to the Emergency Department as a precaution and some tests.  I went to the GP for a 6.10 pm appointment and left the teenagers to make the pasta for dinner and had to ring them to tell them to eat dinner without me and wasn't sure if I would be coming home and for them to walk to school in the morning.  I also had to ring my sister to come and collect my car which was at the GP's.  I got the all clear and got home at 2.00 am and was very tired the next day however everything is okay.  Health is wealth I say! Here's a few photos I have taken over the past month.

Roast chicken dinner and home made gravy.

Breakfast, sourdough, avocado and feta.

Flowers at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens.

Entrance to The Japanese Gardens at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens.

Japanese Gardens.

Cherry Blossom in the Japanese Gardens.

The veggie garden at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens which is next to a covered outdoor kitchen area that the council run cooking classes to show you how to use the produce in your cooking. 

Afternoon shadows.

My grey and pink shoes matched the ground and the flowers.

My vision board I did in 2018 which I just added our current photo to the bottom.

10 comments:

  1. Kathy that was a scare for you. Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when the Dr says I need to order an ambulance for you....not words I thought I was going to hear that night however my Dr is great and takes these things seriously however all clear 100% fine. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Kathy that must have been quite a scare for you and your family. So happy to hear all is well. I haven't updated my vision board in years. Thank you for the reminder to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see your Vision Board when it's finished Staci.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are okay Kathy, it must have given you a real scare to hear your doctor say that. Those cherry blossoms are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan very happy all is good with my health and yes aren't the cherry blossoms so pretty.

      Delete
  4. Golly, that must have been a bit frightening for you all, and for your children to hear you might not be home that night. So glad all is well! It hasn't affected your ability to take lovely photos :). Your angles on the Japanese garden make it look so serene and calming, and I love the serendipity of the blossom and your shoes. Wishing you a very happy birthday in advance! It always feels strange to realise that September means Spring to you - here, it's Autumn ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Alexa and thanks for the upcoming birthday wishes.

      Delete
  5. The Japanese garden is my favourite place at the Botanic Gardens, Kathy. Those cherry blossoms are stunning! I used to pick my son up from his nearby Montessori kindy and we would have lunch together in that garden, talk to the gardener when he came by prune and shape the azaleas and 'rock hop' across the stepping stones.

    I am glad that everything is okay for you health-wise. Never fun to be sent off to hospital and awaiting an outcome. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that the gardens are local and easy to get to with free parking too. Have a great week.

      Delete