Saturday, September 5, 2020

Around here

Happy Saturday morning to everyone.  I thought I would do a quick round up of some links that might interest you.


Remember all those photos we take on our iPhones and cameras, here are some tips to getting them into your family photo books.

A story about an Australian Crochet King from Victoria.

Remember in January we went to a screening of The Biggest Little Farm so if you get a chance to watch it I can highly recommend it and would love to watch it again.

I haven't made this Raspberry Lemon recipe for a while so I might do it this weekend.

Our go to Fluffy Bread Roll recipe.

This Swedish Meat ball recipe is delicious and worth the effort.  I remember years ago when the kids were little we would buy the frozen Swedish Meatballs from Ikea whenever we made a trip down there, which takes me back.....  Personally I think meatballs are over rated as they take lots of time to roll them and then I end up cutting them in half to eat them anyway.  What's your thoughts on meatballs.

With lots of events and festivals cancelled or pivoted this year the Brisbane Festival has an art installation of big birds around the city which are Finches and called #messengersofbrisbaneIn 2013 there were the big Pink Bunnies around Brisbane and look how little the kids were back then.

My nieces wedding which was going to take place in April had to be cancelled 3 weeks before the event and we were all heading over to Perth for it.  It has been rescheduled for November and I gave it a slim chance that we would be attending based on border closures, little to no flights and being nervous about being on a plane in a confined space for nearly 6 hours.  It looks like WA won't be opening their borders at all so we will not be attending the wedding which is what we suspected however it has now been confirmed. My niece will still be getting married however we won't be there.  I would however like to get my $550 back from Webjet who were being very uncooperative about a refund.  I haven't booked a plane flight in 7 years and for some reason I booked with Webjet instead of Qantas where I would have had more luck directly as they cancelled the flight. I would never book through Webjet again. It's money better in my bank account than there's.  I know many people have lost so much more money than me however it's my money and I would like it in my account.   

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you won't get to be a part of your niece's beautiful day. Happy to hear she was able to reschedule it though. It's a tough year for weddings. And that's awful about the airfare not being refunded. It doesn't matter the amount, it should be returned to you. I LOVED the Biggest Little Farm as well. I watched it on Amazon Prime a few months ago. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you..I feel sorry for the people who have outlaid thousands of dollars and they aren't returning the money and instead offering a credit. In these times normal refund policies shouldn't apply because I did not cancel going....the Government did because there is a would wide pandemic.

      Delete
  2. Kathy thanks for the links. I will check them out later. I have always booked flights with either QANTAS or Airnorth but was thinking of booking through Flight Centre if I decided to fly to Scotland to meet my rellies. If I had I think I would be in the same boat as you and all the others who are still waiting for their money back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the whole refund thing is shocking and also the poor schoollies who have paid $150 deposit for their week and the event has been cancelled. I'm all good with the event being cancelled however they should refund their deposit because for those teenagers that's about 10 hours part time work. They do not need a credit they need their money back.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, that sounds bad that you can't get a refund easily :(. Hoping they pay up if you hassle them enough? That's a shame that you can't get to the wedding - so many things are being cancelled and postponed, or having to take place in very altered circumstances. Thank-you for all the links - I will go and explore those in a minute :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot more people worse off than me with refunds however it's not their money whether it's $550 or $5000. Have a good week.

      Delete