Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Around here - Self Crusting Corn Quiche

The other day I found this recipe on The Heart of the Home blog from Queensland and decided to make it for dinner.  It was super easy and it tastes delicious.  It's not as heavy as having a pastry base and I thought it might be a good recipe for school lunch boxes since school starts back on Wednesday.  I'm also making the Carrot Cake recipe today so I'll let you know how it goes.




SELF CRUSTING CORN QUICHE [Recipe link here]

4 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of Self Raising Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
425gms can Creamed Corn
1.5 cups of grated Tasty Cheese
1/2 Red Capsicum
Shallots or Onion [I uses shallots/spring onions]
Bacon Rashers [2-3] or ham [I used a combination of both]

Heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius

Chop up capsicum, shallots and bacon and fry them off in a pan.  Set aside to cool.

Place the eggs, milk, Self Raising Flour and Salt into a bowl and stir.

Stir in creamed corn and grated cheese and add the cooled mixture of capsicum, shallots and bacon to the bowl and mix together.

Pour into quiche dish or lamington tray [20-23 cm in size].

Bake for 20-30 minutes until centre is firm.  I baked mine for 30 minutes.

Serve warm or cold with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment