Friday, October 2, 2026

Around Here - Botanic By Night NightGlow

My friends Birthday was this week so I gifted her a ticket to the "Botanic By Night Nightglow" which was held at the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens.  It's a 16 Night Season from 6.30pm to 10.00pm from 25th September, 2026 to 10th October, 2026.



It was such a beautiful event with small red lights along the pathway and soft music playing along the 837 metre stretch.  I booked us for the 8.30pm session as I figured it would be less busy at this time.  We arrived half an hour early as I wasn't sure about the parking so we entered at 8.00 pm and it was no problem to go in early.  These events have times so to spread the crowds out over the evening but very flexible.  We were there for an hour to take it all in and we loved it.  I've been to the City Botanical Gardens Lighting events but this was very different and I loved it even more.  The animals were huge and apparently made out of "Lantern" material and one of the staff told us they they came shipped fully built so you would need some big shipping containers.

The photos don't do these animals justice as the lighting was beautiful and the photos look a little dull but can highly recommend if you are local to go as it's a beautiful event.


DINGO



GREEN TREE FROG



EMU


    


BUSHTAIL POSSUM



KOALA



IBIS [AKA BIN CHICKEN AS WE CALL IT HERE]


    

ECHIDNA




KANGAROO






No comments:

Post a Comment