Last week I found this little Quilted Zip Pouch Pattern by Rosie Caldwell on Youtube and decided to give it a go. You can purchase the pattern from here which was $12 AUD. Like all the other patterns I have recently purchased online you print them out at 100% on your home printer and then glue or tape them together and then cut the pattern out from there.
I cut out the two smallest ones being pattern A and pattern B. I made the pattern B first and gave it to my friend for her early Birthday present.
This is the finished size for these two patterns including the zip size.
A - 12.5cm x 10cm (4.9’’ x 3.9’’) A - 10cm (4’’) ZIP SIZE
B - 17.5cm x 14cm (6.8’’ x 5.5’’) B - 15cm (6’’) ZIP SIZE
Out of 10 I would say this was a 9 as my corner end away from the zip wasn't perfect but overall it turned out great. They are pretty simple to make and following along watching her sewing video makes it easy to work through the project. The colour of the fabric is a really lovely blue which is more like the middle picture as the lighting in the first and last image makes it look a bit dull.
I can highly recommend her pattern and video instruction. The pattern comes with 7 different sizes of pouches you can make from an IPad to Laptop cover. These pouches have batting/wadding in them to give them that nice soft quilted look. The main pattern pieces are cut out larger than the actual size, then you quilt the piece then come back and cut it once it's quilted so to allow for fabric shrinkage when quilting. They make a great little gift and I used a plain calico for the lining but having a pretty fabric inside I think would be nice. Like brown with poka dots on the outside and maybe pink inside would be lovely too. There are lots of free patterns and tutorials on line however I liked her pattern and tutorial and I like supporting small business also.
#sewing #handmadegifts #simpleliving #sewingdiaries #homemade #crafts #quiltedzippouch #slowliving #downsizing



No comments:
Post a Comment