Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Around here

It's time to get into my garden again so I bought some seeds and I'm ready to do some growing again.  I also made a NY Times No Knead Bread in my camp oven however I'm more excited as my friend and I are doing a Sourdough Baking one day course.  I'm really great at baking bread however still intimidated by the sourdough starter and the loaf.  I've had several attempts over the years and unsuccessful so this is one thing I want to be taught in person.  No amount of you tube watching is going to help me with this one so I'm looking forward to my day out in November with my friend. 

I threw some old bread rolls over the fence to the chickens and a Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo flew down walked on the ground and picked up one and flew up on top of the trampoline and continued to eat it.  I went and grabbed my big lens and took some photos of it.  While I think they are lovely and we have heaps around in the trees and footpaths near us I don't really want them in my yard as they can do damage but it was fun watching this one and take some close up pics of it.

Here's a few photos from around the house and garden.






 My purchase of seeds ready to be sown.

Tomato seed saving so going to give these a try thanks to Fiona at Stay Home Instead.

Carrotts & some spinach growing together.  Both of these were planted using the "seed tape".

The replacement chicken fencing is finally up as the other one had too bigger holes and the chickens just pushed there way through and broke the netting.  This one is stronger so hopefully it will be good and keep them in.

The Jasmine is in full flower and smelling great.

Blue skies and Jasmine, what's not to love.

Finally potted some pretty flowers in my pots.

NY Times No Knead Bread that Rhonda from Down to Earth wrote about.

The kids made waffles for breakfast over the weekend.

Backyard sunset.

5 comments:

  1. The sourdough workshop sounds great, do give us an update when you start making sourdough again with your newly learned skills.

    Gee your garden looks good. We have no rain down my way, and no prospects of any, I haven’t planted a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos of the cockatoo, Kathy. They are such cheeky characters. They fly past here making such a racket! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks lovely in your garden, so healthy. We dont get cockatoos in our garden, but sometimes see them in some of the big trees. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I am glad I got back and put up a post, as I enjoy the bog family I have accumulated. It is so nice to chat to like minded people. I got my first sourdough starter yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete