Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Around here - Bathroom Vanity Make Over

In my last post I mentioned that I have been doing a lot of painting around here...3 bedrooms and a huge hallway and at the end of the hallway is the toilet and bathroom.  I decided to give the vanity a modern makeover using the Dulux Renovation paint especially made for repainting laminate and cupboards.  I'm so happy with the end result and it was very straight forward process.  It looks so different and makes the bathroom look brighter.  Here are a few pics.

This is the bathroom vanity before...white cupboards, plastic cream handles and a yellow-ish top.

This is the newly painted vanity - White high gloss top and semi-gloss grey cupboards

New handles from Bunnings - Prestige matte black handles.




6 comments:

  1. The vanity looks fantastic! It never ceases to amaze me what a huge difference a bit of paint can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan I know...cheapest makeover ever....

      Delete
  2. That looks fantastic Kathy, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl I'm so happy with it and the terracotta tiles don't look as bad now too. I was going to paint them a silver colour as I did in the toilet however apparently there is no tile/floor paint on the market that can handle differences in water heat. The paint is waterproof but not suitable for the shower because of the water heat.

      Delete
  3. Looks great, Kathy! Amazing what a coat of paint can do. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg..yes paint is the cheapest makeover with the biggest impact that's for sure.

      Delete