Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Around here - Christmas Lights

December is here already which means checking out the Christmas Lights which we love.  We have a street near us that has a few houses that get into the festive spirit every year so this is always our first night out.  I've been taking the kids to these Christmas Lights for over 10 years now...oh how time flies.  To get the lovely "bokeh" I turn my lens so the image is out of focus.  See below for the explanation of the Japanese word.

In photography, bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light".












4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, Kathy. I love the sparkles! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what super photos and extraordinary lighting! (Though I can't imagine what it costs to do for a month ...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know...electricity is an expensive household item.

      Delete