Monday, February 17, 2020

Around here - various links

I thought I would do a post with some links that might interest you.

If you aren't following Jo and Tracey [sisters] who Additive Free Lifestyle I recommend you do.  I first listened to the 7 podcasts on chemicals manufacturers put in our food and then did their 4 week online Addictive Free Made Easy course last year.  Manufacturers are tricking us into believing their products are better than the next product by using words like "natural flavours" etc.  Check out this blog post about "Quelch" 99% fruit juice.


I have been following Finding Harmony on IG for a while now and she lives in the Brisbane surrounds and shops at bulk food stores and farmers markets and is the queen of the weekend meal prep on her IG stories.  She has just launched her first podcast on composting.  Composting is one thing I'm not that good at in terms of the recipe for the right balance of brown, green and food scraps.  I do need to do more in this area myself instead of putting the scraps in the rubbish bin.


Staci from Life at Cobble Hill Farm has great blog posts about cutting down on your food budget which we could all do with some more tips.  Check out her other blog posts.

Jodi and her family have been travelling in a caravan in Australia's East Coast for the past year.  She wrote a blog post on travelling on a budget.    Five lessons from living one year on the road and Ten essentials for caravaning with kids.

Some favourite recipes from my blog.


I love visiting Gillian from Tales from a Happy House blog who lives on the South Coast of England and loves cooking, crochet, embroidery and getting out in nature with her kids and the dog.  She has such a lovely little cosy home and her photos of her spaces look so inviting like you want to pull up a chair and have a cuppa with her.


Have a great week and it's sunny and hot in Brisbane at the moment, loving the sun, not so much the humidity. 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww.....you are so sweet for sharing my link. I am honored and grateful. I always look forward to the links you share because I always find some things I enjoy!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for all those interesting links. When I and a few friends started a wholefood cooperative just for us and our families thirty years ago buying organic produce. people said we were mad and there was no need to worry about additives and pesticides in food ... you are right to be concerned. Enjoy that sunshine and warmth - we have floods and snow here! Warm good wishes, alexa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the course was around 16 years ago when my kids were little. Even though I always technically cooked from scratch sometimes I would use packet sauces and we always used store bought BBQ sauce, Tomato Sauce, Pizza Sauce, Mayo an Coleslaw dressing these are the things I now make at home. Thanks for popping by Alexa.

      Delete