In this post I showed you the toddler pants and top I made for my nieces 3.5 year old and the baby shoes for the new baby. Since I had left over fabric from the toddler picnic pants I figured why not make a little TV blanket for the 3.5 year old. The pattern for the Picnic Pants is here.
For the Quilt I cut out 4.5 inch squares and sewed them together and then quilted either side of the seams both vertical and horizonal. All I needed was the backing fabric which cost $4.00 and a binding fabric which cost $1.50 so not bad for $5.50 using the leftover toddler pants fabric. The blanket ended up measuring 28 inches x 32 inches. Anyone that does quilting or scrapbooking will know these crafts are measured in inches even though in Australia the metric system started in 1970's.






No comments:
Post a Comment