Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Around Here

Around here we had a lovely Easter with my family with a few traditions that have continued for years.  On Good Friday we always have morning tea with hot cross buns at my sisters place and then on Easter Monday we have a family gathering with Mum's special "Chilli Fish" dish.  This is a once a year treat and we always look forward Easter Monday.  This year my sister and I cooked the fish tempura style then froze it for reheating on Monday for lunch.  The kids got quite a few chocolate Easter eggs and my Aunty made some lovely Easter biscuits.  I also made a pavlova for dessert and as we had 12 people for lunch I made the pavlova spread out further so everyone could get a piece so it ended up being not as high as I would normally make it however everyone loved it. 

We also have been minding a friends dog over Easter as they have gone away so it was a full house with lots of puppy cuddles and walks.  The kids loved having the dog here.  Here's some photos of our Easter.

Cooking the tempera fish for Easter Monday.

So yummy...

Sienna's little fern and her little pot she spray painted gold.

The fridge at Easter time.

Billy was watching the neighbourhood kids ride their bikes up and down the street making lots of noise.

The Easter table with James having some down time on the Xbox before our guests arrived.

Easter touches.

Chilli Fish & Rice which is our family's Easter Monday tradition.

Biscuits my Aunty made for Monday lunch.

Pavlova for dessert.

Sienna enjoying our Easter house guest.

4 comments:

  1. That chilli fish looks very yummy indeed, and those biscuits are so cute!
    Billy looks like a gorgeous little ragamuffin!
    We don't do an Easter lunch/meal around here, it's just one of those traditions that I never really started, I don't know why?? Perhaps I should consider one for next year, not that we have family close by, we fly solo for most of these celebrations, all our family live a minimum of a day's drive away, or further!
    Looks like you had a lovely Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our Easter traditions and it's nice to set the table for something special even though it's all really very casual.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely Easter traditions! We have an Easter lunch too when my husband's parents come over. This year, I made a roast chicken and fresh salads + a cheesecake (we always have cheesecake for any special event). Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lunch and cheesecake sounded great...nice to have family over.

      Delete