Thursday, June 18, 2020

Around here - Sheppard - Thank You

I was looking at this beautiful video clip of Brisbane's Band "Sheppard" again this week and I thought I would post it here.  The 3 siblings George, Amy and Emma Sheppard are all in the band and you might know of one of their most famous songs called "Geronimo".  They have all been in ISO together in Brisbane and have been writing and recording songs at home.

On May 8th ahead of Mother's Day the band released the song "Thank You".  Written as a song of gratitude for their amazing Mum Linda and for all the other incredible, generous, selfless, beautiful, strong, loving, super hero Mum's around the world.  Raising a human probably the hardest job there is [and you don't even get paid?] so to all the wonderful Mother's - THANK YOU?

The band said "In May 2020, while planet Earth was locked down during Covid-19 pandemic, making music videos was challenging.  We asked our fans to send in clips of themselves spending time with their Mothers/kids for this music video.  Thanks to everyone who sent in footage.  This one is for our beautiful Mums'.  Happy Mother's Day!"  The above words were part of this article.

I loved the nostalgia feel to the clip and that fans were involved and the song is beautiful.


Here are the words to the song "THANK YOU"

Thank You
When I couldn't fall asleep
You'd read to me
And lay right there at my side
If I grazed a knee
From climbing trees
You'd comfort me as I cried
Made my lunches every day
And though you were running late
You would walk me all the way to school
Building castles out of sand
Way too young to understand
That life was easy all because of you
So I wanna thank you
For making me half as good as you
And as I get older
I understand what I put you through
I misbehaved, I made mistakes
But you never turned away
So I wanna thank you
For all that you do
For all that you do
As a teen, I lied
Ignored advice
Pretended I didn't care
I should let you know
It was all a show
I loved you more than I shared
I put your patience to the test
But you always did your best
You were tough but you...

2 comments:

  1. Kathy that is really lovely. What a refreshing video to see in these crazy times.

    ReplyDelete