Saturday, June 6, 2020

Around here

What a world we are living in this year which has been off the charts.  As for peaceful protests in America there seems to be more unrest than peace.  Here in Australia whilst everyone has a right to peacefully protest, express their opinions on important matters I am extremely worried about a second wave of Covid-19.  The Prime Minister and Premiers are asking people to stay at home as it is impossible to social distance in a group of 15,000 people which is expected at one of the protests today.  We didn't all shut down for 2-3 months and only have 10 people booking at a cafe for thousands of people to come together in the one place.  It is very sad what has happened over the past couple of weeks and my heart goes out to these causes however Covid-19 does not know a gathering of people together is for a good cause or not, and I can see numbers spiking overseas and here in Australia in the next couple of weeks.  I think if there has to be a second shut down it will be more damaging than the first.

NSW went to the High Court to get the protest banned due to health issues which was granted.  It wasn't about banning the protest for the protests sake, it was purely about the health and stopping the potential spread of this invisible deadly disease.  I'm afraid only time will tell how this all pans out as NSW will be protesting regardless of the High Court Decision.  Apparently 15 minutes before the protest the High Court overturned the Governments Health directive with an appeal and the march was going ahead legally.  Everything in lock down was done via the web, surely they could have come up with a safer constructive way to support these important causes.  Now that is out of the way I thought I would post some links for you.

I have been following Hopewood Home and her beautiful bespoke quilts she makes and sells from her cattle property in South West Queensland.  She is now selling a pattern to make a baby quilt or a throw quilt with instructions.

Have you seen the ads on TV for "Dear Australia" for people to send in letters about their time in lockdown for the Australian National Archives.  I think I might write one myself and send it off as an important time in history.

Check out this amazing tiny house in Brisbane [I think from memory] Megan designed the kitchen and it's stunning for a tiny house.  Check out all the hidden wall storage that Colin built it's amazing.  This video is 19 minutes long.


And this one too is amazing I love watching these videos.  This video is 18 minutes long.


Gillian from Tales from a Happy Home does beautiful embroidery and usually does a sampler of their holidays.  She has done an ISO sampler and it's amazing, go check it out.  This is her Instagram Account if you would like to follow it.

Bess is from Brisbane and has started doing embroidery and is now selling a rainbow pattern and starter kits as embroidery has really taken off when everyone was in lockdown. 

Hope everyone stays safe and has a good week. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh,thank you ever so much for the links! I have just spent a lovely time looking at Hopewood Homes quilts. Such beautiful fabrics!!! I love to sew but have never made a quilt. I adore vintage fabrics and linen teatowels too so her downloadable pattern is for me. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely Meg, I bought the pattern too. I've made quite a few quilts over the years however I love the Australian and vintage look to the quilts. It looks random however there is a recipe to the pattern.

      Delete
  2. The embroidery from Gillian's blog is beautiful! She has a lot of patience and talent. Thanks as always for such great links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is so clever...I love her USA one she did for their trip last year too.

      Delete