Thursday, August 27, 2026

Around here - Sewing Diaries - Toddler TV Quilt & Picnic Pants Set

In this post I showed you the toddler pants and top I made for my nieces 3.5 year old and the baby shoes for the new baby.  Since I had left over fabric from the toddler picnic pants I figured why not make a little TV blanket for the 3.5 year old.  The pattern for the Picnic Pants is here.

For the Quilt I cut out 4.5 inch squares and sewed them together and then quilted either side of the seams both vertical and horizonal.  All I needed was the backing fabric which cost $4.00 and a binding fabric which cost $1.50 so not bad for $5.50 using the leftover toddler pants fabric.  The blanket ended up measuring 28 inches x 32 inches.  Anyone that does quilting or scrapbooking will know these crafts are measured in inches even though in Australia the metric system started in 1970's.

Finished Quilt 28" x 32" [71cm x 81cm]

Another Picnic Pants set I made and paired it with a little
$2.25 T-shirt from Kmart which I sewed on the little heart


The butterfly Picnic Pants




#simpleliving #hobbies #handmade #sewing #crafts #janomi# #toddlerpants #homemade


6 comments:

  1. Lucky toddlers! They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda much appreciated...having lots of fun sewing.

      Delete
  3. Your niece must be thrilled to receive handmade goodies for her little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely because my niece videos the whole thing opening the gift and her daughter loved everything including hiding under the blanket.

      Delete