Friday, April 10, 2020

Around here - Easter 2020

Well it's a very quiet Easter that's for sure with a Zoom call to my sisters this morning instead of catching up for our traditional Hot Cross Buns morning tea.

Last night the kids and I watched the movie "Lion" with Nicole Kidman and David Wenham.  It was a really good movie with lots of emotions and some of the scenes were a little confronting with Saroo who was 5 years old getting lost and living on the street until he was sent to an adoption agency where an Australian couple in Tasmania [played by Nicole and David] adopted him.  It's based on a true story and it had a great ending so I thought it was a really good movie. 




This is the story about the real Saroo below.




These are the brothers in the movie Guddu and little Saroo.

This is the real Saroo and his real mother.



6 comments:

  1. That looks like a great movie, Kathy. I am hoping to catch up on episodes of Gardening Australia today. I missed their Easter special last night. Meg🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that too...I do record Landline and Gardening Australia every week so I can watch it at a time that suits me. Make sure you watch Jamie Olivers new show "Jamie Keep Cooking and Carry on" - it's using pantry staples and swapping ingredients in recipes during this time of home isolation and sometimes limited grocery items. It's on Channel 10 can't remember which day maybe Thursday night 7.30? Just check the TV guide.

      Delete
  2. This was a fabulous movie wasnt it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good movie Kathy. Will add it to my list of must watches. Apparently there is a good movie on Netflix called "Anne with an E". I am hoping to watch it this coming week sometime. People were recommending it on ABC radio the other day.

    Happy Easter,
    xTania

    ReplyDelete