Thursday, April 30, 2020

Around here - Coronavirus Update

How has your week been going?  This weekend Queensland will be lifting certain restrictions however I am concerned that every man and his dog will be out on a picnic on the weekend and that there will be crowds everywhere.  I for one, am staying put this weekend that's for sure.

Last week I mentioned that I made Tomato Sauce and Sweet Chilli Sauce from Additive Free Lifestyle blog/book and this week I have made the Pizza Sauce and BBQ Sauce and I can highly recommend them all.  I haven't taken any photos of the jars yet which I will do tomorrow.  If you make these sauces you will never buy the store bought ones again and they only take 30-45 minutes to make.  The recipes have a Thermomix and Stove top version so there are no excuses I can highly recommend them as they have so much flavour.  For the Pizza Sauce I just used whatever veggies I had in the crisper so just use up whatever you have you'll still get the flavour with all the tomatoes.  I used half fresh tomatoes and half tins as I only had about 800gms of fresh tomatoes and wanted to make both the Pizza Sauce and the BBQ Sauce so I used a can of Aldi organic tomatoes in both recipes.

Since I haven't got any photos of my cooking here's a couple of photos of Sienna with our chicken since she can't hang out with her friends.





WEEKLY CORONAVIRUS UPDATE [I have included the last two weeks as I didn't do a post last week]

On Thursday the 2nd of April, 2020 I started posting these numbers so am updating them weekly on a Thursday.  So these figures are basically 3 weeks apart.  World numbers can be seen here.


WORLD WIDE
Wednesday 25-03-2020        World Wide Cases        417,348                Deaths    18,596
Thursday     02-04-2020        World Wide Cases        936,886                Deaths    47,264
Thursday     09-04-2020        World Wide Cases     1,513,243                Deaths    88,403
Thursday     16-04-2020        World Wide Cases     2,084,042                Deaths  134,669
Thursday     23-04-2020        World Wide Cases     2,663,064                Deaths  183,882
Thursday     30-04-2020        World Wide Cases     3,212,993                Deaths  227,784


AUSTRALIA
Wednesday 25-03-2020        Australian Cases               2,144                Deaths not sure didn't look
Thursday     02-04-2020        Australian Cases               5,124                Deaths          24
Thursday     09-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,052                Deaths          50
Thursday     16-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,462                Deaths          63 **

Thursday     23-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,649                Deaths          74 **
Thursday     30-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,752                Deaths          91 **

** 21 of these deaths are related to the Ruby Princess Cruise that docked in Sydney in March.
** Another death from the ship however the person had flown home to America and passed away overseas.
** 17 deaths are related to two nursing homes.
Most of the cases in Australia have been linked to people returning home from overseas.

It took two months to get to over 1 million cases and then only two weeks to get to the second million cases.

Stay safe and enjoy the down time with your family and get all those odd jobs done around the house you never had time for.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    We have just had some chili's given to us so I am going to try and make chili sauce. I am not a fan of chili, but hubby likes it.

    Those are gorgeous photos of Sienna and her friend.

    South Australia is going really well with the corona virus. No cases in seven days! And now nobody left in ICU. They are starting to lift restrictions with caution. We are allowed to travel within our state so long as we keep our social distance. Things are gradually returning back to the new kind of normal, what ever that will be.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of hot chilli and only started eating it about 16 years ago, the recipe calls for most of the seeds to be taken out so it's certainly not hot however you could do half with lots of seeds and half without. South Australia is doing well and so is Australia overall so it will be nice to be able to a few more things. It was necessary for ISO to protect lives and we have done well in Australia.

      Delete
  2. I hope that they're not lifting the restrictions too early, while our numbers here in South Australia are good we don't know how many people are infected with the virus and don't know it. I for one won't be rushing back to "normal" life any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...I think this weekend everyone will be out after being at home.

      Delete
  3. I certainly hope all goes well with the lifting of the restrictions. I don't blame you for staying home this weekend. I believe ours will begin being lifted in another 2 weeks and it makes me nervous. Our state is still reporting 1,000 new cases per day although in our area it's a lot lower then that, thankfully. Hoping it stays that way.... Your daughter is just beautiful - love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci I think she's beautiful too. It's crazy to be seeing scenes on our TV here of Americans protesting close together because they want the right to be let out of lock down. I can't understand this line of selfish thinking and given the state of the USA stats....even more so. It's not about "YOU" it's about "Everyone" and they really need to think about it. If they or their friends or family die they might have other thoughts but it's honestly childish and reckless. They are not looking at the bigger picture and no govt wanted to shut down their countries...but that had to to protect lives.

      Delete
  4. Love the photos of Sienna with the chickens. Hasn't the weather turned chilly!? I am enjoying being all rugged up and wearing socks and slippers. We are still staying close to home this less-restricted weekend. We may walk up to a little park for a picnic if it's not too windy. It's a quiet neighbourhood park so shouldn't be busy. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I've got my winter pj's on and the electric blanket plugged in. Today [Sunday] it's not as windy thank goodness. Glad we are not in Canberra as it's been a high of 7 this week...bbbburrrr

      Delete