Sunday, April 19, 2020

Around here

This week I made a sourdough loaf which took 2 days in the making and in my opinion way too much fussing over and once it was finally baked I felt $8 for a loaf of soursough is totally worth it.  I have another recipe which I will use next time which is a mix the night before and bake the next day which is more my style.  The sourdough loaf I will make next time will be Celia's recipe from Fig Jam & Lime Cordial.  Celia has heaps of tutorials on how to make bread.

This week Queensland schools go back however it is only essential workers children that will be going to school for supervision.  The kids will be doing on-line learning at school whilst my kids will be doing their on-line learning at home.  There are no classes in school that will be taught by teachers so kids at home and kids at school will be both learning the same way  being on-line.  It will be a very interesting Term 2 that's for sure for many families.

The weather is finally feeling like Autumn this week even though on Friday it was 30 degrees, it is much cooler in the mornings and the change in weather I spent 24 hrs sneezing from the cool change.  I hope everyone has a good week and good luck to all the school kids with their Term 2 learning.

I love this salmon and corn salsa dinner.

 Home made basil pesto I made using the basil from our veggie box a couple of weeks ago.

Sourdough ready to go into the oven.

Fresh baked sourdough.

Nice and soft inside and crunchy outside.

This weeks small fruit & veggie box.

Extra small fruit box this week.

8 comments:

  1. Your sourdough loaf looks amazing, Kathy. I got the small fruit and veg box this week and will get a medium one next week. I find alternating like this gives me a good amount of produce for our family with no waste. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way too...I order once a fortnight and the food lasts us two weeks. The kids are really into oranges so that's why I ordered the fruit box and small fruit and veg box this week. Loving the home delivery in these challenging times. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Your fruit and veg look delicious! And your sourdough bread looks amazing!! I've been trying to work with my sourdough and making a bit simpler bread with it. I'll check out the link you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love having fresh fruit and veggies delivered to my door...such a treat in these especially in these crazy times. Check out Celia's blog she is a master.

      Delete
  3. Your sourdough loaf looks like something from a professional kitchen - well done to you! And I can almost smell the freshness of your pesto from here ... Always a visual delight to pop in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ALexa you forget how quick and easy pesto is to make and how nice it is.

      Delete
  4. Your sourdough bread looks perfect Kathy!

    I use Sally's {jembellafarm} method of making sourdough. It is a no waste recipe and you prepare the dough one day, store in fridge overnight and bake the next day. It may even be one of Celia's many recipes :-)

    Your food always looks delicious and well presented.

    Have a lovely day,
    xTania

    ReplyDelete