Thursday, April 16, 2020

Around Here - Coronavirus Update

As this blog is a way to record our lives throughout the years I'm updating the Coronavirus numbers weekly.  I am very grateful that I live in Australia and what our Government has done during this difficult time.  Sadly there has been 134,669 people who have lost their lives to this pandemic.

Each day you wake up and think is this real, are we really going through this, however staying at home in your own little bubble is the only way at the moment.  I feel uncomfortable going to the supermarket and each week that escalates as to how you shop, how many people are allowed in the store, who you walk past in the shop etc.  I am going once a week and I don't look forward to going and if I run out of anything during the week I just wait until the next week and make do.  Thankfully I am getting my beautiful fruit and veggies delivered to my door from Spray Free Farmacy and I'm loving the fresh produce and at the same time helping a Mum & Dad family business and local farmers at the same time.  This was my last delivery, how good do those veggies look.  I immediately made a Zucchini Slice and Pesto.


WEEKLY CORONAVIRUS UPDATE

On Thursday the 2nd of April, 2020 I started posting these numbers so am updating them weekly on a Thursday.  So these figures are basically 3 weeks apart.  World figures can be seen here.


WORLD WIDE
Wednesday 25-03-2020        World Wide Cases        417,348                Deaths    18,596
Thursday     02-04-2020        World Wide Cases        936,886                Deaths    47,264
Thursday     09-04-2020        World Wide Cases     1,513,243                Deaths    88,403
Thursday     16-04-2020        World Wide Cases     2,084,042                Deaths  134,669

AUSTRALIA
Wednesday 25-03-2020        Australian Cases               2,144                Deaths not sure didn't look
Thursday     02-04-2020        Australian Cases               5,124                Deaths          24
Thursday     09-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,052                Deaths          50
Thursday     16-04-2020        Australian Cases               6,462                Deaths          63 **

** 19 of these deaths are related to the Ruby Princess Cruise that docked in Sydney in March.
** Another death from the ship however the person had flown home to America and passed away overseas.

Most of the cases in Australia have been linked to people returning home from overseas.

It took two months to get to over 1 million cases and then only two weeks to get to the second million cases.

Stay safe and enjoy the down time with your family and get all those odd jobs done around the house you never had time for.

8 comments:

  1. Things are looking a little brighter for us here in Australia with the virus. It is so good that the numbers are dropping. South Australia has had no cases for a couple of days. Thankful for living in our country and willing to continue on with isolation as long as it takes.

    Its the unknown that is coming after the lock-down with our economy etc which is concerning.

    xTania



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes coming out of lock down will be just as worrying as going into the lock down however they won't move forward until it's safe and at this stage that could be 4 weeks depending on how the next 4 weeks go. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Your fruit and veg looks great again this week, Kathy. I am picking up another box this week too and looking forward to the fresh produce again. Today, I'm going to try my hand a making some wholemeal pesto bread rolls. Wish me luck!!! (I figure it's a warm day so my dough will hopefully rise out in the sunshine.)

    I do wonder about what our world will look like as restrictions are gradually relaxed. It's already an uncertain time and a difficult time for so many people. I hope there will be positives in amongst those hardships across communities, our country and the wider world. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are getting the fruit and veggie box orders...I'm very happy with the quality. Let me know how you go with the bread rolls.

      Delete
  3. I, too, am not a fan of going to the grocery store. We are trying to go once a month and went about a week and a half ago. Most people were kind and considerate but there were a handful who were clearly against taking precautions and wouldn't keep a social distance between them and others. It's too bad, really. I worry that as people become more and more frustrated the people not respecting precautions will happen on a larger scale. Hope all is going well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci it is very strange to be worried going to the supermarket. In Australia we are doing really well however I'm on alert when I head to the supermarket and it's not as relaxing to pop in as it was 2 months ago. Stay safe.

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely selection of fresh produce - looks delicious! I share your feelings about going shopping, and heave a sigh of relief when I am home and unpacked and disinfected. Our numbers here in the UK are terrible: over 17000 deaths, and that's not counting deaths in care homes (which they reckon would add over 4000 to the total). :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we see big numbers and every number is an actual person, a family who has lost a loved one and I couldn't imagine how difficult that is during this time will limited numbers allowed at funerals etc. I nearly cried hearing about the 13 year old boy in England having to die alone and his parents having to watch the burial online...so sad. Stay safe.

      Delete