Friday, January 31, 2020

Around here - Tiny Houses

My daughter and I loved watching Tiny Houses on TV which was on a couple of years ago and then a while back I came across Bryce Langstson, who is a New Zealander who has a YouTube Channel called "Living Big in a Tiny House".

I love his videos and have watched every one of them from start to finish.  He posts a new video every week or thereabouts.  The tiny house designs are so interesting and some I love more than others however all I can say is these people are very clever as a lot of them build their tiny houses themselves. 

The latest video is little house built buy a young girl who is a woodworker and it's so cute so you should check it out.  I love the way she has designed the stairs so they don't necessarily look like stairs as well.  Having a ladder to go up and down to go to bed wouldn't suit me - imagine trying to bring up the paper and coffee to bed in the morning...no thanks.  This video runs for 15 minutes and you should get a coffee and have a little break from what you are doing and go check it out.


We have all seen Yurts and how people live in them and given that they are round and not square it can be a challenge to design the space.  Check out this amazing design of this Yurt which is so clever wait until you see the inside.  This video runs for 17 minutes.


Then there is this Tent house video from "Living Big in a Tiny House" which is a 2nd video [revisited] after a year to see what changes they had make to their living space.  You could watch their first video below this one first and then watch the revisited one in order if you wish.


This was their first video of their tent house.


This is one of my favourite tiny houses.


I hope you enjoyed these videos and go follow the "Living Big in a Tiny House" channel.

We stayed in a tiny house last year at Blackwattle Farm which was loads of fun.


10 comments:

  1. I love Bryce's videos of tiny homes. I too am a fan and I love to see how people use their space for storage.

    I haven't watched the latest ones, so I might just do myself a favour and have a catch up :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are so clever with design in such a tiny space.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a rich cornucopia of things to watch! I came across the Tiny House Movement some years ago and, being a lover of the simple and minimal, was hooked. We haven't had a TV series over here like this, so I look forward very much to making a nice cip of tea and watching. Thank-you so much for these links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy Alexa....a good excuse for putting your feet up with a cup of tea.

      Delete
  3. Emma, from A Simple Living Journey blog, lives in a yurt and it looks beautiful inside.
    I think seeing how tiny homes are built and furnished and lived in is really interesting so will definitely be watching these videos. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I follow Emma's blog and what a find that big stove of theirs was. Looking forward to photos of their new baby too.

      Delete
  4. I love the whole concept of tiny houses and seeing how people live in them, particularly when they are surrounded by beautiful countryside... makes me feel a little guilty that I don't think i could manage to live in such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Suzie I'm the same. As I mentioned we stayed in a tiny house for 2 nights and it had a huge deck "for living with BBQ, table and chairs etc" so you most definitely need an outdoor living area. I would love to live on 1.5 or 2.0 acres in a small house [not a tiny house] however when you move to acreage all the houses triple in size....I don't get that. They have 6 bedrooms with numerous bathrooms, lots of family rooms etc. I want more land and smaller house. We currently have 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, family/living/dining/kitchen in one room and then another big living area about the size of a double garage. My desk is here however we could live without this big extra room if we had too.

      Delete
  5. I love watching those on youtube. I, too, completely admire the people who live in them and am so appreciative of how they do it but have no desire to go that small. We live in a smaller house now and it's about the perfect size for us. Our final home will be designed by us the same size as our current house but with the space utilized a bit better for the way we live. And a LARGE outdoor entertaining space. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, if your home is small it has to be well designed....and have a great outdoor space.

      Delete