Sunday, January 19, 2020

Around here - Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread

In my last blog post I mentioned that I had come across a wonderful whole food website and wonderful YouTube videos for meal prepping.  I saw this Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread and bought the ingredients to make it which was super easy and turned out just like the picture.

You basically mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl and then mix them together and put it in your baking dish it's that easy.  I did make one mistake and that was to put the whole cup of chocolate chips in the recipe instead of 3/4 in the mix and then the other 1/4 for the top [oh well you can never have enough chocolate chips now can you] however I will know for next time.  I cut a slice and put some cold butter on it which was lovely.  Even though it looks like a cake it's not soft like a chocolate cake, more like a banana bread texture.  It's certainly has a strong chocolate flavour from the chocolate chips.  I've cut this up and put it in the freezer for some school snacks and afternoon tea.  If you wanted to cut down the chocolate chips in the cake you could easily put in 1/2 a cup and then 1/4 on top.  I will making this one again.









2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and I was very happy to discover it's gluten and dairy free. It looks like I have some baking to do. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll find a lot of recipes on her blog that will be good for you.

      Delete