Friday, March 13, 2020

Around here

What a rough start to the year it's been....first the bushfires and floods and now we are in the thick of  a world wide pandemic with the Coronavirus.  It truly is affecting everything worldwide at the moment and it's escalating on a daily basis.  I have three people in my immediate family with compromised immune systems so we are bunking down a little.  You have to take it seriously and do the best you can so on a brighter note here's our week in pictures.

This is how my daughter cuts her orange so she can just peel out a segment which is pretty cool.

Pretty flowers up the street.

From where I stand.

Same pretty flowers.

Home made pizza using this pizza dough recipe which was great.

A trip to Woollies at 7.15 am in the morning yielded this beauty.

Home made garden spray for the bugs on my cucumber leaves.

It's those tiny black dots on the leaves are bugs I was trying to get rid of.

Home made yoghurt using this recipe this was the best batch ever and I let mine sit for 24 hours and add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the recipe at the end.

It makes two jars this size.....so delicious.

4 comments:

  1. I so look forward to your photos. They are so simple and beautiful. The pizza looks amazing! Yes, the coronavirus is really affecting the world in a not-so-good way. Our state has finally begun shutting down schools, sports, and such. Our business and other small businesses are struggling and we're just at the beginning of the pandemic. It certainly is a concern when you have family members who have compromised immune systems. Hugs to you - hoping your community makes it through quickly and safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci for the lovely comment about my photos. Our schools aren't shut here however any gatherings over 500 people from Monday 16th March will be which means all events have been cancelled. Here's hoping things slow down a little as we have never seen a world event quite like this one [not in my life time anyway]. Are you able to have your business on-line? If not, maybe for the future you do both if you aren't already so you have two avenues of selling your products. Kathy

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful flowers, Kathy. I love their golden yellows. Homemade pizza is always on our meal plan here. It's easy, inexpensive and we can have the toppings we like. Yours looks delicious! I think these unprecedented times have challenged and will continue to challenge us and I hope that people will care for one another in the midst of it all. MegXx

    ReplyDelete