Thursday, March 5, 2020

Around here

The world is in such a state at the moment with this health crisis.  I wasn't particularly worried about it 2-3 weeks ago however as the weeks go by and the rate of infection increases and spreads from country to country it is a worry.  I'm not sure why Australia is in a grip of "toilet roll fever" and flour and rice as well, however I did buy my supply of toilet paper yesterday morning.  Health crisis or no health crisis, we had run out and I was due to buy some in my normal shop so I did.  I ended up back at the supermarket in the evening and the end of the isle where they had a big supply of toilet rolls was empty and although I didn't bother going down the toilet roll isle it seemed every person had some in their shopping trolley.

It's had a huge impact on global tourism, the world stock market, and events are being cancelled left, right and centre.  The stock market affects superannuation and investments however the stock market has recovered over the years with these types of crisis in the past so there is no need to panic.  I think some of these things are necessary to at least slow things down and to protect people since there is currently no known cure.  One person gets on a plane and sits near people, then those people catch trains, buses, taxis and go to shopping centres and mix with other people who in turn do the same thing.  You can see why these things are on the move so quickly and all we can do is keep up with the hygiene which we should be doing anyway by washing hands thoroughly etc.

It's been a quiet week here so I only have a few photos to share.

The lettuces are coming along nicely.

Freelensed self portrait.

 Ricky out little bird.

Ziggy, my sisters bird who is having a stay-cation at our place while she is away.

Freelensed flowers in the backyard.

Coconut chickpea curry....so yummy.

Home made Tzatsiki which I just realized from this picture I need to put in the olive oil.


Carrot sticks cut up in cold water ready for my dip.

6 comments:

  1. I love your sisters bird having a stay-cation... hope they get along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie we call birds cousins.....I tell Ricky that Ziggy is coming over to stay and the cages are next to each other so they talk to each other.

      Delete
  2. This virus is a worry, but at the moment its a wait and see game. Are we being alarmed about nothing? It doesn't sound like nothing. I have made sure I have enough to get through should I contract the bug and have to be isolated for a length of time. I am also able to stay away from shops etc if needed to avoid infection. My immune system is a bit low at the moment, so I definitely don't want to catch this one.

    Your photos are beautiful and your chickpea curry looks delish!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed scary times. It's funny that a couple of months ago as I watched a woman at the grocery store sweating, coughing and sneezing on everything I should really go back to monthly grocery shopping in winter to reduce any potential exposure to the flu. I had just started doing that when all of the corona virus stuff started...… This week I bought a little extra frozen veggies and toilet paper. Doesn't hurt to be well stocked. :) I love the photos and that chickpea curry looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci. I have for the past few years been using the anti bacterial wipes on the supermarket trolley handles summer or winter....it's just a habit now.

      Delete